- Shadowbox Consulting Associates, Annandale Virginia – vCIO, Corporate Migration to the Cloud (ongoing since 2010)
- Nextel Corporation, Herndon Virginia – Created Tier 3 Help Desk
Created Tier 3 Help Desk for the industry’s first Cellphone Connected Wireless Web Portal. Responsibilities included but were not limited to:
Managed a budget of over 10 Million annually, Staffing, Negotiating Service Level Agreements, and Managing the staff in a 24×7 production environment.
- Coventry Healthcare, Rockville, Maryland – Moved Primary Data Center from Rockville, Maryland to Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
The project was to consolidate 3 data centers into one. In addition, there was a technology refresh to upgrade the claims servers. The server refresh saved the company over 3.3 Million dollars.
- Fannie Mae, Herndon Virginia – Rehosted 3900 Servers in 12 months.
Upgraded 3900 servers for the entire enterprise from SLES 10 to SLES 11. Interfaced with stakeholders across the entire enterprise, working closely with IBM Professional Services to automate the upgrades to decrease the downtime and server build from 8 hours to 2 per server
- Fannie Mae, Reston Virginia – Technology refresh of Enterprise Class SAN server
Fannie Mae had moved their Enterprise SAN server from EMC to IBM, which has many issues. Mr. Cohen worked on the team to move the Enterprise Server back to the EMC servers from IBM.
- CGI Group, Sterling Virginia – Installed Commvault backup for 6400 consultant laptops Nationwide
CGI is one of the largest consulting companies and had 6400 consultants in the US working on company laptops without anything getting back up. We rolled out Commvault Backup so every consultant laptop would be backed up once it connected to the internet.
- CGI Group, Sterling Virginia – Upgraded Active Directory Servers and Consolidated servers from overseas.
Consolidated servers in Germany and Poland and upgraded the AD servers in the US. All while working with the Canadian HQ to grant access to having the US team maintain their network.